I recently just finished up obtaining my required continuing education credits, and I did them all for free! I have to admit, I look forward to the day when I can earn CE credits at a fancy nursing conference, but I just don’t have the time or money to do that at this point.
Here is what I found for free. Share links of your favorite free CE courses in the comment section.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Once you create an account, you can search the available courses. I took courses on infection control, working night shift, and obstetric hemorrhage.
- 3M Health Care Academy
- A well organized hub for so many different continuing education topics (professional development, infection prevention, edema management, IV site care, skin care, and wound care)
- Medscape Nursing
- Requires free registration in order to obtain continuing education credits.
- This website is a database of continuing education courses from multiple course providers.
- Don’t forget to print continuing education certificates for the classes you take at work. Most of these count, too!